In terms of the number of residents, Florida is the third largest state in the United States of America with a total population of more than 20 million people. Since Florida is attractive to people from other states and countries, it has become one of the places in America with a high moving rate, both going into and coming out of this state.
There are many moving services all over Florida making it less difficult to find local movers that can serve residents from different places with various types of moving concerns such as homeowners moving things from one apartment to another or companies moving their supplies from one warehouse to another.
Hire reliable movers for your next cross country or interstate move.
6 Tips for Choosing the Best Jacksonville Moving Service
Here are a few tips that you can use in finding local movers in Florida:
- Online search. One very easy way to find Florida moving services is to do an online search. By typing the keywords such as ‘movers Jacksonville FL’ or ‘Florida moving services‘ as well as other related terms, you will see a list of the best long distance moving companies in Florida.
- Experience. Once you have found a few of these movers and packers, learn more about them such as the length of their experience in the business. Check how many years they have been in the industry and ask for their previous customers and how you can reach them so that you can ask more about the moving company and make a better decision. Another way to check on experience is to ask if they have awards, accolades or letters of recommendation.
- Credentials. Make sure that the moving service is licensed by asking for their US DOT number if they move from one state to another or a state license if the moving is just within a state. Also, never use a mover without any license or insurance.
- Reviews. The Better Business Bureau (BBB) offers unbiased reviews of many companies so you can check moving services from this site. There are also other reputable review sites such as Yelp, Credibility and Citysearch that can help you give honest comments from customers.
- Costs. Some moving quotes include other expenses such as packing charges, but many moving companies have hidden costs that you should be careful of. Make sure you know the services that are being covered by the cost of moving.
- Service. A critical thing to consider is how the loaders and unloaders handle the things that are being delivered. Experienced movers know how to exercise care in the way they handle the packages.
Although there are various ways of checking the credibility of a moving company, it is also essential that you research about the costs of moving as well as the hidden costs that may be there.
The Hidden Costs and How to Save on Moving Costs
Often we will call a moving company and ask about the price to get an idea of how much we are going to pay. However, not all companies tell you about the other costs that we do not expect. Here are a few of these hidden costs that you need to be careful of:
- Packing labor. Most moving companies do not include packing and loading in their estimates. If you don’t ask, you will end up dramatically increasing your cost if you do not know that there are fees for these things. Additional packing fees and moving fees for additional boxes are a few of the hidden costs that you should ask before you decide on a moving company.
- Insurance. Local movers offer basic coverage for your items. However, if your items are valuable, it may be better to ask about the cost of full value protection so that you can think about it and decide to take it if your belongings are worth a lot.
- Extra charges. Some moving services ask additional charges for bulky items. Others charge long carry fees when there is difficulty in parking to the destination. There are other movers that charge elevator fees too and others charge a cancellation fee if, at the last minute, you decide to change your mind for another mover. Other additional fees may include storage fee, travel fee and extra stops charges.
To save on moving expenses and prevent unexpected charges, make sure that you know the policies of the moving company so that you know the exact coverage of your moving estimate. Ask if they offer free loading and unloading, how much are the fees if they need to pack additional items. Ask about the insurance and see how you could benefit from it. Ask about the additional charges for parking away from the exact location and if other fees might be added to your bill.
T & E Movers is an experienced moving company located in Jacksonville, Florida. We have over two decades of experience of providing clients with reliable and affordable moving services. Our team is composed of professional movers who know how to handle your items with care. Moreover, we not only relocate your items from one location to another, but we also offer other related services such as packing, loading and unloading, and the like. Our trucks and other equipment are state-of-the-art and are operated by competent and polite staff who gives you peace of mind that your items are in good hands all the time.
Thinking of moving from Jacksonville? Try T & E Movers and see the difference. Give us a call at 904-997-1884